Mount Airy, MD . March 13, 2020 |
Due to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and the concern for our community members and public health, the Rock the Shamrock 2020 event in Downtown Mount Airy is CANCELED for this Friday, March 13th, 5-8PM.
Remember to support your local Main Street businesses when you can, but always remember to do these specific things so you can help prevent the spread of Coronavirus:
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds or more with soapy water several times a day. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands. - Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home while you are sick (except to visit a health care professional) and avoid close contact with others.
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces each day. Use a household cleaner according to label instructions.
- Avoid large gatherings.
- Use online transactions when possible.
- Avoid visiting nursing homes -- and if you are sick, do NOT visit nursing homes.
- If you have an older person in your home or someone with compromised health, such as asthma, understand that the biggest threat to them may be you bringing the virus into the home.
- If you or a loved one are older, think twice about an upcoming trip.
Blossom and Basket Boutique . Patapsco Bicycles . Ben Gue Gifts . Superfoods Cafe and Market . A Do or Dye Salon and Day Spa . MISCellaneous Distillery . Mount Airy Commons Olde Town Restaurant and Bakery . Wellness Point . The Upper Deck Sports Bar and Grill . Cryin' Johnnies Hot Dogs . George's Girls Jewelry and Repairs . Concetta's Mainstreet Bistro . Browning Reagle Insurance Agency
Mount Airy Main Street Association (MAMSA) members are a dedicated group of volunteer residents and business owners interested in working with the Town and other stakeholders to revitalize Historic Downtown Mount Airy's business district. MAMSA strives to establish Downtown as a gathering place and center of community life, promote commerce for local businesses, sponsor cultural events for residents and visitors, and create a small town destination that is easily accessible by car, bike, and foot. MAMSA is a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization registered with the State of Maryland. Learn more, become a member, visit MountAiryMainStreet.org.